Frequently asked questions
1. What fitness is required?
We recommend a reasonable fitness level, especially for Day One. Check out track distances on previous pages and be sure you do some hill training!
2. Is there any cell phone coverage?
There is limited coverage from the high points on Days One and Two, however we suggest you organise yourself to be incommunicado as coverage is not guaranteed. You are welcome to use our home phones if you are desperate. You can leave Kiri’s number (06 3078115) with family members if need be.
3. Do we need to share bedrooms with others?
Yes, but only your group. When taking the bookings we make certain that each individual group will be together. This way you shouldn’t need to share with groups you have only just met.
4. What is the best way to get to the start of the track? eg. we are travelling from Auckland
Make your way down to Palmerston North. On the outskirts pf Palmerston North take Highway 3 to Woodville. From Woodville take Highway 2 to Greytown. At the southern end of Greytown, (just on the outskirts) there is a sign to the left hand side of the road directing you to Martinborough. From Martinborough use the map/directions provided in the How to Get to Us section on our website.
5. Is there somewhere to leave our cars?
Yes. At night 1 there is off road parking available. The car park is well off the road on private property.
6. Can I get my deposit back if I can no longer come?
Yes, if at least 28 days notice is given – refer to our bookings page.
7. Are we allowed to bring our dog?
No - sorry, no dogs allowed
8. What time should we book flights home?
We recommend booking flights any time after 5pm. This will allow plenty of time to shower and grab a coffee in Martinborough before heading back to Wellington.
9. Can we bring our own snacks?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your own snacks and pre-dinner nibbles. Don’t go over board though as we are renowned for feeding you well!